发新话题
打印

商务及职场之地道英语点滴三

商务及职场之地道英语点滴三

最新流行商务用语



语言是活的,商务圈中也总是不断出现新的流行语,今天我们就来见识两个。

1. A going concern 赢利企业

Concern 在该习语中作名词,意思是“商行,企业”;go指“上涨。增涨”。A going concern是指“活跃或繁荣的企业或机构等”,意即“赢利企业,正在前进的企业”。例如:

A: What’s your overseas branch factory going?
你海外的分厂进展如何?
B: Not very good at first. It has been two years before it becomes a going concern.
开始不太理想,直到两年以后才开始赢利。
A: Once you break the ice, it will be better and better.
一旦打开局面,肯定会越来越好的。
B: I hope so.
但愿如此。


2. A leap in the dark 冒险举动

Leap的意思是“跳,跳跃”。在黑暗中跳跃确实是一种冒险的举动,因此该词组引申为“瞎闯,冒险举动”。
例如:
His move to America was a leap in the dark.(他迁居美洲是件冒险的事。)

A: Are you sure you can make profits out of the investment?
你确信这次投资一定能获利吗?
B: I am not sure. It’s only a leap in the dark.
我也没有把握。这只是一次冒险。
A: And it’s the only chance for you to lead your company out of difficulties, isn’t it?
而且这也是你带领公司走出困境的唯一机会,是吗?
B: Yeah. So I have to have a try.
是的。所以我必须一试。

TOP

报价小技巧



报价是有很多技巧的。语气、表达的不同,做成生意的结果可能就不一样。
下面是两个报价的小技巧。
(一) It is a condition of this letter that the name of this Bank will not be disclosed in the event of our report being
passed on to your clients.
译文:本函有一个条件,即在把我们的报告转交你们的客户时,请勿泄露本行的名称。
这段话是出自银行对某项咨询的回复信函。此类复信一般包括三部分:
1) 陈述实事;
2) 表示意见;
3) 提醒对方所提供的资料是绝密的。上面的句子属于第三部分。
本句中的it是形式主语,其主语是that……从句。
其他表达方式:
1. Please note that this information is furnished without any responsibility on our part and should be held strictly
confidential.
2. Please note that the information is furnished at your request without any responsibility whatsoever on the part
of this Bank or on any of its officers.
3. May we ask that you treat this information as strictly confidential without responsibility on our part.


(二) Should you be prepared to reduce your limit by, say 10%, we might come to terms.
译文:如果你方愿意减价,譬如说减10%,也许能达成交易。
这句话是在讨价还价中常用到的句子。在双方的谈判中,价格是一个很重要的环节,婉转地提出自己的意见可以使自己处于主动地位。

say 10% 是let us say 10%的简化。
be prepared to… 准备做……事,例如:We are not prepared to change the terms.

limit n.限度 (在外贸业务中有时用来指价格,即价格限度) ,例如:
Your limit is too high to permit business.

come to terms达成交易。
类似说法有come to business,close a bargain,close a deal等等。

TOP

签合同常用表达




下面是一些有关合同事务的常用表达,供您参考。

We'll have the contract ready for signature.
我们会准备好合同待签字。

We signed a contract for medicines.
我们签订了一份药品合同。

Mr. Zhang signs the contract on behalf of the China National Silk Import & Export Corporation.
张先生代表中国丝绸进出口总公司在合同上签了字。

A Japanese company and SINOCHEM have entered into a new contract.
中国化工进出口总公司已经和日本一家公司签订了一份新合同。

It was because of you that we landed the contract.
因为你,我们才签了那份合同。

We offered a much lower price, so they got the contract.
由于我们报价低,他们和我们签了合同。

Are we anywhere near a contract yet?
我们可以签合同了吗?

We sign a contract when we are acting as principals.("principals" refers to the "seller" and the "buyer")
当我们作为货主时都要签订合同。(这里的“货主”指合同中的卖方和买方)

I know we (the seller) should draw up a contract and the buyer has to sign it.
我们知道我们(卖方)应该拟出一份合同,买方必须签署合同。

We should simultaneously sign two contracts, one sales contract for beef and mutton, and the other contract of
equal value for the purchase of cotton.
我们应同时签两个合同,一个是牛羊肉的销售合同,另一个是等价的棉花购买合同。

We both want to sign a contract, and we have to make some concessions to do it.
我们双方都想要签署一份契约,因此我们必须做出一些让步。

We are here to discuss a new contract with you.
我们来这里和您谈谈订一份新合同的问题。

Our current contract is about to expire, and we'll need to discuss a new one.
我们现有的合同快要期满了,需要再谈一个新合同。

We can repeat the contract on the same terms.
我们可以按同样条件再订一个合同。

A few problems with supply under the old contract must be quickly resolved.
老合同中的一些供货问题必须尽快解决。

We ought to clear up problems arising from the old contract.
我们应该清理一下老合同中出现的问题。

Do you always make out a contract for every deal?
每笔交易都需要订一份合同吗?

As per the contract, the construction of the factory is now under way.
根据合同规定,工厂的建设正在进行中。

TOP

学做代理 寻找商机




很多外国企业都在中国选择代理商来为他们打开市场、销售货物。那么,要求做某家公司的代理该怎么"开口"呢?我们一起来看看吧!

1、I would like to discuss with you our agency of your electric fans.
我想同贵方商谈你们电风扇的代理问题。

2、I wonder whether your firm is represented in our country.
我不知道贵公司在我国是否有代理。

3、We would be glad if you would consider our application to act as agents for the sale of your product in our
country.
如果贵方能考虑我们的申请使我们成为贵公司产品在我国市场销售代理的话,我们会很高兴的。

4、We are pleased to offer you an exclusive agency for the sale of our products in your country.
我们很乐意指定你们成为我方产品在贵国的独家代理。

5、We are pleased that you are prepared to appoint us as your sole agent for your products.
对贵方有意指定我们成为贵方产品的独家代理,我们感到很高兴。

6、We're favorably impressed by your proposal for sole distribution.
对贵方建议由我方担任独家经销商一事,我们颇感兴趣。

7、Thank you for offering us the sales contract for your products and we appreciate the confidence you have
placed in us.
谢谢贵方提出让我们代理你们的产品,很感激你们对我们所表示的信心。

8、If you give us the agency, we will spare no effort to further your interests.
如果贵方给予我们代理权,我们将不遗余力为贵方争取利益。

9、As your agents, we'll make greater efforts to push the sale of your products.
作为你们的代理,我们将会更加努力地推销你方产品。

10、We will increase our turnover if you appoint us as your sole agent.
如果你方指定我们作为独家代理,我们将增加我们的销售量。

11、We'd like to sign a sole agency agreement with you on your electric fans for a period of three years.
我们想同你方签订一项为期三年电扇的独家代理协议。

12、I think you know already that I want to discuss the representation of your alarm clocks.
想必你已知道,我想和你方商谈闹钟的代理事宜。

13、We usually get a 10% commission of the amount on every deal.
通常我们取得的佣金是每笔成交额的10%。

TOP

实用商务:初次接触



全球跨国公司无数,许多白领也因此成了常常飞来飞去的“国际人”。与世界各地的商务人士交往,你不仅需要有聪明的头脑、100%的自信,还要充分了解各国的交往习惯哦。

RECEPTIONIST: Miss Miguel. You can go up now. It's the fifth floor.
前台:麦格女士。你可以上去了,在5楼。

MARIA: Thank you.
麦格:谢谢。

PETER: Yes, it looks good. I like the colors. Have we got enough time to promote it? That's my worry. And do we have the price right?
彼得:哦,看起来不错。我喜欢这种颜色。推广时间够吗?我比较担心这个问题。还有,我们的定价合适吗?

PAULA: More input on the technical side would help.
波拉:若在技术方面多些投入会更好。

PETER: That's why I'm bringing Jens Foss over. Come in! (TO Maria) Oh, take a seat, will you? Can't be a
moment. (to Paula) Do you know Jens Foss? He's in our Copenhagen office.
彼得:这正是我把颜斯•福斯也一起带来的原因。请进!(转向玛丽亚)噢,请坐,好吗?请等一下。(转向波拉)你认识颜斯•福斯吗?他在哥本哈根工作。

PAULA: I've heard of him but I don't think we've met. Anyway, I'd better leave you to it.
波拉:听人提起过他,但我们并没有见过面。不过,我还是先不打扰您了。

PETER: Let me have the draft schedule by three this afternoon.
彼得:下午3点我要一份初步日程安排表。

PAULA: Yes, I'll get onto it straight away.
波拉:好的,我马上去办。

PETER: And give me a ring if there are any problems.
彼得:若有什么问题给我打电话。

PAULA: Will do!
波拉:好!

PETER: (To Maria) Sorry to keep you. Have a seat.
彼得:(转向玛丽亚)让你久等了,请坐。

MARIA: I hope you were expecting me. My name is Maria de Miguel.
玛丽亚:我想你也正等着我的到来吧。我叫玛丽亚•麦格。

PETER: Yes, I've got your details here somewhere.
彼得:是的,我有你的资料。

PETER: I'm Peter O'Donnell. Welcome to Tectron UK.
彼得:我是彼得•欧唐纳。欢迎来到Tectron英国公司。

MARIA: Thank you. It's good to be here.
玛丽亚:谢谢,很高兴来到这儿。

PETER: Let me introduce you to Paula Field. Paula is one of our marketing team.
彼得:让我给您介绍一下波拉•菲尔德。波拉是我们市场部的工作人员。

PAULA: Nice to meet you, Maria.
波拉:很高兴认识你,玛丽亚。

MARIA: Nice to meet you.
玛丽亚:很高兴认识你。

PETER: I'm sure you know that Maria is going to be with us for a couple of months.
彼得:你一定知道玛丽亚要跟我们一起工作好几个月吧。

PAULA: Yes. We should be seeing quite a lot of each other. (to Peter) If you'll excuse me, I should be getting back. See you later, Maria.
波拉:是的,我们会在一起呆挺长时间哦。(转向彼得)对不起,我要走了。再见,玛丽亚。

MARIA: Yes, bye.
玛丽亚:再见。

PETER: See you later, Paula. (to Maria) Have a seat. Coffee?
彼得:再见。(转向玛丽亚)请坐。来一杯咖啡怎么样?

MARIA: Thank you.
玛丽亚:谢谢。

PETER: How was the flight?
彼得:旅程怎么样?

MARIA: Fine, only a little bit late.
玛丽亚:很好,只是飞机有些晚点。

PETER: Milk and sugar?
彼得:要加牛奶和糖吗?

MARIA: Black, please.
玛丽亚:黑咖啡就可以了。

PETER: Paula and I were discussing the Telcom package. Isn't the Spanish office planning their launch soon?
彼得:我跟波拉讨论了电信产品的包装问题。西班牙分部计划推出这些产品了吗?

MARIA: That's right. I was helping to put together the promotional literature.
玛丽亚:是的,我帮忙做推广宣传。

PETER: Ah. That could be very useful!
彼得:哈,真是太棒了!

TOP

发新话题